The first aid training of 112BHV is suitable for anyone who wants to learn to perform first aid in a safe and effective way. The student first follows the official e-learning of the Red Cross to be able to go to the practical meeting well prepared. During the e-learning the student learns to assess the condition of a victim and various wounds and injuries. For example, recognizing unconsciousness, a stroke, burns, broken bones and vertebral injuries.
About this course
Anyone who has been designated as a first aider or has volunteered to be one. Anyone who wants to be able to properly administer first aid or who wants to repeat those skills and extend the validity of their First Aid diploma.
Upon completion of this training, the student is expected to be capable of:
- Providing a safe environment.
- Moving a person to safety.
- Assessing the person’s condition and establishing injuries.
- Alerting the emergency services (EMS).
- Administering first aid to a person in case of:
- choking (foreign body airway obstruction)
- Basic Life Support
- neck and spinal injuries
- cuts and grazes
- (severe) bleeding
- life-threatening bleeding
- muscle, bone and joint injuries
- chest pain
The First Aid training consists of an e-learning and practical session. In the e-learning of the Red Cross you learn to recognize the various injuries and what to do in which situation. You will go through the e-learning module in 6-8 hours. After completing the e-learning module you can participate in the practical meeting. During the 4-hour practical meeting the student will practice various first aid actions. Some examples of first aid actions that will be practiced are: resuscitation, using an AED, applying bandages and applying abdominal thrusts in case of choking.
The following topics are covered:
- Safety of yourself and a victim.
- Alerting the emergency services.
- Resuscitate (including AED use).
- Giving first aid to victims with unconsciousness, bruising, sprain, choking/ suffocation, dislocation, skin wound, broken bone, bleeding, poisoning, burns, neck and spine injury, chest pain and stroke.
During the first aid practical session, under the supervision of a Red Cross certified instructor, the student is assessed on the practical actions he performs. If the assessment is satisfactory, the student will receive a recognized digital First Aid certificate. The certificate is valid for 2 years.
Er waren veel coöperatieve opdrachten waarbij je met elkaar en van elkaar kon leren. Dit is een leuke manier om alle belangrijke BHV onderdelen door te nemen.