First Aid Red Cross
Follow this training and learn how to provide first aid
The first aid training course offered by 112BHV is suitable for anyone who wants to learn to perform first aid in a safe and effective way. The student first completes the official e-learning module of the Red Cross so they are well prepared for the practical session that follows. During the e-learning module, the student learns to assess the condition of the victim and various wounds and injuries. This includes recognising unconsciousness, a stroke, burns, broken bones and vertebral injuries.
The First Aid training course consists of an e-learning module and practical session. During the e-learning module of the Red Cross you learn to recognise the various injuries and what to do in which situation. The e-learning module takes 6-8 hours to complete. After completing the e-learning module, you can participate in the practical session. During the 4-hour practical session, the student will practice various first aid actions. Some examples of first aid actions that will be practiced are: resuscitation, using an AED, applying bandages and applying abdominal thrusts in case of choking.
Anyone who has been designated as a first aider or has volunteered to be one. Anyone who wants to be able to properly administer first aid or who wants to repeat the training course and renew their First Aid diploma.
The following topics are covered:
- Safety of yourself and the victim.
- Alerting the emergency services.
- Resuscitation (including AED use)
- Giving first aid to victims who are unconscious, choking, or suffocating and those with bruising, sprains, dislocations, skin wounds, broken bones, bleeding, poisoning, burns, neck and spine
- injuries, chest pain and stroke.
Upon completion of this training course, the student is expected to be capable of:
- Providing a safe environment.
- Moving a person to safety.
- Assessing the person’s condition and establishing injuries.
- Alerting the emergency services (EMS).
- Administering first aid to a person in case of:
- choking (foreign body airway obstruction)
- requiring Basic Life Support
- neck and spinal injuries
- cuts and grazes
- (severe) bleeding
- life-threatening bleeding
- muscle, bone and joint injuries
- chest pain
During the practical first aid session, under the supervision of a Red Cross certified instructor, the student is assessed on the practical actions he performs. If the student passes the assessment, they will receive a recognised digital First Aid certificate. The certificate is valid for 2 years.
Incompany - First Aid Red Cross
Wij bieden First Aid Red Cross ook aan als incompanytraject en zorgen ervoor dat het perfect afgestemd is op de unieke behoeften en ervaringen van jouw organisatie. De inhoud en didactiek sluit dan naadloos aan op jullie wensen.
- CEDEO klanttevredenheidscore: 10+
- 112BHV neemt je de administratie uit handen
- Iedere medewerker krijgt toegang digitaal leerplatform