The first aid training course offered by 112BHV is suitable for anyone who wants to learn to perform first aid in a safe and effective way. The student first completes the official e-learning module of the Red Cross so they are well prepared for the practical session that follows. During the e-learning module, the student learns to assess the condition of the victim and various wounds and injuries. This includes recognising unconsciousness, a stroke, burns, broken bones and vertebral injuries.
- E-learning + classroom: € 149,- (excl. btw) Sign up
Anyone who has been designated as a first aider or has volunteered to be one. Anyone who wants to be able to properly administer first aid or who wants to repeat the training course and renew their First Aid diploma.
Upon completion of this training course, the student is expected to be capable of:
- Providing a safe environment.
- Moving a person to safety.
- Assessing the person’s condition and establishing injuries.
- Alerting the emergency services (EMS).
- Administering first aid to a person in case of:
- choking (foreign body airway obstruction)
- requiring Basic Life Support
- neck and spinal injuries
- cuts and grazes
- (severe) bleeding
- life-threatening bleeding
- muscle, bone and joint injuries
- chest pain
The First Aid training course consists of an e-learning module and practical session. During the e-learning module of the Red Cross you learn to recognise the various injuries and what to do in which situation. The e-learning module takes 6-8 hours to complete. After completing the e-learning module, you can participate in the practical session. During the 4-hour practical session, the student will practice various first aid actions. Some examples of first aid actions that will be practiced are: resuscitation, using an AED, applying bandages and applying abdominal thrusts in case of choking.
During the practical first aid session, under the supervision of a Red Cross certified instructor, the student is assessed on the practical actions he performs. If the student passes the assessment, they will receive a recognised digital First Aid certificate. The certificate is valid for 2 years.
The following topics are covered:
- Safety of yourself and the victim.
- Alerting the emergency services.
- Resuscitation (including AED use)
- Giving first aid to victims who are unconscious, choking, or suffocating and those with bruising, sprains, dislocations, skin wounds, broken bones, bleeding, poisoning, burns, neck and spine injuries, chest pain and stroke.
We can also carry out all our training courses in-company within your organization. At a time and location that suits you best.
Locations throughout the Netherlands
112BHV is active throughout the Netherlands and offers training courses at 22 locations.
We also offer many 112BHV programs as e-Learning. So you can follow the program wherever and whenever you want.